Today Jacquelyn from Lark & Linen is here to put a braided ‘do back at the top of our list of must-try hair styles! This stunning silhouette is easy to recreate any weekday morning, but it pushes your look way beyond ‘everyday.’ Give it a try!
- Bobby pins
- 2 clear elastics
1. Give yourself a deep part and tease the crown of your head to give your roots some volume.
2. On the fuller side of your part, grab a 2-inch section of hair and split it into three equal pieces.
3. Begin by moving the front piece underneath the middle piece.
4. Move the back piece under the new middle piece.
5. Add a ½-inch section of hair to the new front piece, and place the new front piece underneath the middle piece. Continue to do so until you’ve reached your ear.
6. As it begins to form, start back-pinning the braid with bobby pins. This should give it some volume! Try to tuck the pins inside the braid so they aren’t visible.
7. Once you’ve braided to your ear, finish the rest of the braid normally (you no longer want to do a Dutch braid at this point!). Tie with a clear elastic.
8. Repeat the same process on the other side of your part.
9. Wrap both braids around the back of your head. Tuck the ends of the braids underneath each other, pinning as needed.
10. Don’t be afraid to gently loosen and tousle your braid to give it some added texture and volume. Spray with a flexible-hold hairspray and go about your day feeling extra chic!
While you're here, why not check these out:
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.