Let’s face it, most of us don’t look forward to Monday morning and some of us even dread the week ahead come Sunday night. Well, life is far too short to spend time harvesting negative energy so it’s time to start each Monday morning with a smile and positive outlook for the week ahead. We’ve come up with 5 simple steps you can take to make your Monday’s a little more manageable.
1. Get organized. Go into your Monday morning with a to-do list that’s been prepared ahead of time so you know what to expect. It would be ideal to pen this Friday night before you sign off for the weekend. Schedule the tasks you most dread first so you can get them over with.
2. Keep your schedule open. We picked this tip up from Meg Biram back in the fall and have been sticking to it ever since. Keep your Monday’s schedule flexible – if you can avoid it don’t schedule any meetings, conference calls or deadlines. Give yourself time to ease back into the work week.
3. Plan some fun. Head into your week with at least one thing you’re really looking forward to. It could be a really great meal you plan to cook or a happy hour date with friends, maybe a new workout class.
4. Get up early. Probably the last thing you want to do is set your alarm extra early on a Monday morning but even just 10 extra minutes will make your morning less hectic and give you a sense of calm as you begin a fresh week. Enjoy an extra cup of coffee, read a few pages of the newspaper or spend time making a healthy breakfast.
5. Unplug on the weekend. Totally disconnect from work during your days off. Don’t check email and allow yourself a true break, this will leave you feeling more motivated and ready to get back to work on Monday.