While wedding styles have evolved quite a bit over the last decade (thank goodness!), gift registries have largely stayed within tradition. All newlyweds need a base collection of goodies as they begin building a new life together—and we have Zola to thank for ensuring that registering for the big day is a breeze! From lavish splurges to practical, budget-friendly accessories, we’ve got all of the necessities right here. Need even more guidance? Zola has curated Starter Collections to inspire your browsing and kick-start your shopping. Zola has also asked several tastemakers and industry influencers (like Molly Sims and Green Wedding Shoes founder, Jen Campbell) to create collections of their own! Zola is truly a modern-day registry—one that will keep up with your on-the-go lifestyle by allowing you to easily modify your registry, track your gifts and manage exchanges from the comfort of your home (or even your phone!).
Glitter Guide readers will receive $25 to spend on Zola when they set up their wedding registry on Zola. New registries must be started (but not necessarily published) between March 2, 2015 and June 2, 2015. Credits will be placed into the couple’s Zola account four weeks after a couple’s registry is published live.
10 items every registry needs:
1. Statement-making flatware: Everyone needs some nice flatware. A set of gold knives, forks and spoons really increases the wow factor.
2. Glassware: When ordinary glasses just won’t do, we love these old world-inspired glass goblets.
3. Everyday dishes: These classic Kate Spade New York dishes will never go out of style.
4. Cloth napkins: Looking to instantly up the ante at breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner? Pop an armload of these pretty napkins onto your registry list.
5. Professional cookware: Make meals for a two extra memorable with fancy cookware, perfect for recipe experimentation.
6. Bath towels: Bath towels are a must, and you can never have too many—especially when they’re as soft as these!
7. Stemware & a decanter: Start your bar cart off right by registering for timeless stemware and a conversation-starting decanter.
8. Money for a home or honeymoon: Why not ask for a little moolah that you can squirrel away for house payments or a celebratory trip for two?
9. One splurge: Don’t forget to include at least one splurge item so that guests can collectively put money toward a gift that will be handed down for generations. Zola offers a great ‘Group Gifting’ option that allows multiple guests to contribute to one item. So go ahead and add that metallic Kitchenaid mixer to your registry!
10. Luxe sheets: Every house needs a luxurious set of sheets, and these sateen beauties are perfect for lazy Sunday morning breakfasts in bed.
We also had the opportunity to chat with Zola‘s CEO to pick her brain about all things registry!
What’s the most important thing a couple should keep in mind when registering?
We always recommend that couples register for enough gifts at every price point. From the small kitchen accessories to the splurge-worthy dinnerware set (which you can make accessible to everyone with Group Gifting), each guest will feel comfortable gifting different values. Make sure you have enough on your registry, too, as your guests will want to give gifts for your engagement party, wedding shower and, most importantly, the big day!
Are there any crucial items that couples often overlook?
Couples sometimes forget to register for the items they already have, but your registry is the perfect time to upgrade these items for your newlywed home. Whether it’s the bath towels you’ve had since college, the inexpensive glassware you bought for your first apartment or your banged-up set of cookware, start fresh with your registry. After all, these gifts will be with you for a lifetime!
How is Zola different from other registry sites?
Zola gives couples the endless options they deserve, all in one place. Couples can register for timeless homewares, memory-making experiences, honeymoon and cash funds—plus they can import anything from anywhere on the web with the click of a button. The iPhone app lets them manage their registry on the go, and features like Gift Tracker, Send It Later and Virtual Exchange put the control back in their hands, creating an easy, effortless experience.
This post is brought to you in collaboration with Zola.