February flew by, and we are eagerly anticipating the arrival of spring around here. From neon pops of color to pink makeup, Taylor’s picks have us extra eager for warm weather—and we just might have to give that Moon Juice Moon Dust a try!
1. Softline Apricot Swivel Curved Chair from ABC Carpet & Home: I am working on adding the finishing touches to my home design, and this chair is on my dream wish list. It’s the perfect soft peach color. Gotta love those copper legs, too!
2. Jao Brand Goe Oil: This stuff has been around for a while, but I just recently discovered it. I can see why it’s a cult favorite. It’s packed with all-natural ingredients and smells amazing. $50 per tube may seem too pricey, but considering how long it lasts (a little goes a long way!) and its versatility, it’s definitely worth the investment.
3. Cute gift packaging: These days it’s not enough to simply give someone a gift—it needs to have thoughtful, well-designed packaging, too. These cute stickers in bohemian wrapping are great for mamas and kids.
4. Moon Juice Moon Dust – Beauty Dust: I’m very tempted to try this. I’m not sure if it really does anything, but I’m happy to prove the placebo effect.
5. Golden Cat Lover Print: Confession: I don’t like cats. Actually, that’s not totally true anymore. I don’t hate cats. They are growing on me, despite my annoying allergy. It’s my daughter who has a love affair with these furry little felines. I can’t help but like what she likes, and this print is calling her name.
6. Shu Uemura Art of Hair Essence Absolue Cream in Oil: I had this product for a long time but never really grabbed for it. Then, one day, I randomly tried it to enhance my naturally wavy hair—and it worked wonders. It’s really meant to be more of a heat protectant, giving you sleek, smooth hair when you use heated styling tools. However, I rarely style my hair straight, and I’ve been suffering with puffy hair since having a baby a year ago. To attain a beachy look with less frizz, I squeeze a little into my palms and scrunch it into my damp, unbrushed hair (it’s important that I don’t brush out my natural waves). Sometimes I add a bit of texturizing spray or spay gel to give it a bit more style.
7. J.Crew New Uptown Tote Bag in ‘Neon Azure:’ This bright blue tote is going to be the perfect pop in my spring wardrobe. I also love that you can add a monogram to give it a personal touch.
8. Catbird Jewelry Tomboy Ring, Rose Gold: I’m still not over rose gold. This ring is so simple and stylish.
9. Guy Bourdin Photography: I’m so inspired by Guy Bourdin’s photography in the ’70s. His work grabs your attention and tells a story.
10. Glossy pink makeup: March in California can be a little confusing. You have winter-like weather mixed with days that are clear, sunny and gorgeous. But we’re on the verge of spring. This pink glossy makeup represents that balance of winter and spring—it’s dewy and fresh, but still evokes a feeling of winter. I’m going to be playing with pink eye shadows to find the most flattering shade.