Yesterday the lovely ladies behind The Laundress taught us how to clean our silks at home—and today they’re sharing 10 ways we can clean our homes with an ingredient we probably all have in the pantry: white vinegar! We love these creative ways to keep our home fresh and tidy this spring.
1. Boil white vinegar and mix with a bit of The Laundress All-Purpose Bleach Alternative. Pour the solution down your drains—it will clear and sanitize them!
2. Wipe away smudges, streaks and fingerprints from windows and mirrors with a vinegar-moistened cloth.
3. Splash a bit of vinegar into your toilet bowl to keep it fresh and prevent water marks.
4. To freshen your garbage disposal: Freeze vinegar in empty ice cube trays, dump the vinegar ice cubes into your kitchen sink and grind them away!
5. Make wood and Pergo floors sparkle by mopping them with a mixture of ¼ cup of white vinegar and 1 gallon of water.
6. Apply white vinegar directly to kitchen surfaces and cutting boards. Wipe away with hot water and a clean cloth to sanitize and deodorize.
7. Cloudy glassware got you down? Fill your dishwasher’s rinse aid dispenser with white vinegar and run a cycle. Your glasses will shine again!
8. Leave a small bowl of vinegar on the kitchen counter or in the refrigerator to banish cooking odors.
9. Concoct the perfect brass, copper or pewter polish! Mix ½ cup of white vinegar with 1 teaspoon of salt and enough flour to make a paste. To use, spread paste on the metallic piece(s), let sit for 30 minutes and then wash it away with water.
10. Create a paste of white vinegar and The Laundress All-Purpose Bleach Alternative, and rub onto the exterior of your coffee maker. Let paste sit on the machine for a few minutes, then thoroughly wipe off. This removes stains and buildup.