Behold, an eggless cookie dough recipe. You can put this delicious dough directly into ice cream—or, like us, you can whip up these easy but incredible ice cream sandwich bites. Regardless of the recipe you decide to make, this dough guarantees that you’ll instantly make many a fabulous new friend!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream
1. In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, white sugar and butter until completely smooth.
2. Stir in vanilla and water, then mix in flour until everything is well combined. Add chocolate chips. Squeeze mixture with your hands if it becomes too difficult to stir with a spoon. Shape dough into a loaf, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for one to two hours.
3. Cut the loaf in half and spread one half in the bottom of a small square tin. (I doubled the recipe and used a rectangular tin that I had on hand).
4. Spread vanilla ice cream over the first layer of dough. Freeze again for 10 minutes (or until ice cream is frozen again).
5. Remove from freezer. Gently flatten out the other half of the cookie dough loaf with your hands, then place it atop the layer of ice cream. Press down to finish off the ice cream sandwich. Freeze again for 15 minutes before cutting into tiny squares and serving!
Written by Jessie Jane
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.