We know we can’t be the only ones who feel overwhelmed in grocery stores! With dozens of aisles to peruse—not to mention thousands of competing labels and options—it often feels like a battle just to make it to the cash register with crossed-off lists! To help ease the stress of this weekly to-do, we’ve pulled together a list of the top 10 pantry staples that we recommend purchasing regularly. As an added bonus, each of these items helps promote good health!
1. Leafy greens: Full of vitamins and minerals, this produce is an essential part of your diet. Keep your fridge stocked with spinach, kale, Swiss chard, arugula and lettuce. Read more about the benefits of incorporating leafy greens into your diet here. (image via)
2. Brown rice cakes: These are such an easy and versatile snack vessel! We love topping them with almond butter, or a few slices of avocado and sea salt. (image via)
3. Eggs: Hard-boil half of your eggs each week so you have a protein-packed snack ready to go at all times! (image via)
4. Almond butter: Opt for a jar that touts low sugar. We use almond butter in desserts, on toast, on apple slices and in our smoothies. (image via)
5. Chickpeas: These are an easy way to add fiber and protein to your diet. Toss them in salads or pasta, roast with spices for a delicious snack or make a fresh batch of hummus! Be sure to rinse them thoroughly to eliminate added sodium. (image via)
6. Bananas: This classic standby has been on our grocery list for years—and for good reason! Packed with potassium, bananas are an ideal grab-and-go snack guaranteed to sustain blood sugar levels. And you can’t beat the price! (image via)
7. Quinoa: We always have this super-grain on hand. Substitute for pasta in your favorite recipes, serve as a side with dinner, add to salads or even eat it for breakfast! (image via)
8. Canned tuna: When added to salads or pasta, it makes for a quick lunch or dinner (and a healthy dose of protein!)—perfect for when you don’t feel like cooking. (image via)
9. Frozen berries: These bite-sized fruits are a wonderful addition to smoothies and baked goods. No peeling, chopping or coring required! (image via)
10. Sparkling water: Fizzy water is essential for entertaining. We also love infusing it for a refreshing calorie-free drink. (image via)
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌