When it comes to amping up your look, don’t underestimate the power of the brow! Filling in your brows enhances the way that they frame your face and makes your eyes pop. Plus, it’s easier to accomplish than you may think! A few pro tips from makeup guru Suzanna Chun are all you need to step up your brow game, once and for all.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
HOW TO FILL IN BROWS
1. Dip your angled brush into brow gel or powder, press the excess onto the back of your hand and start applying the product at the arch of your brow. Begin here because your brows need the most definition at their arch, and your brush will have the most product on it at this point.
2. Fill in the arch and end of each brow using straight strokes.
3. Use what’s left of the product on your brush to fill in the front of your brows. (If you used a freshly dipped brush to fill in the front of your brows, they’d look harsh and unnatural.)
4. Finish by applying a neutral, slightly shimmery shadow to your browbone. This will lift the eye area and add extra definition to your freshly filled-in brows.
- Unruly brows? Tame them with the spooley end of your brush. Use brow gel to hold hairs in place!
- Choose the right shade of brow gel or powder.
- If you’re a brunette or have darker hair, use a shade that matches your hair color
- If you’re a blonde or have lighter hair, go one shade darker than your hair color
- Professionally shaped eyebrows are a must! Your brow artist will assess your features and create the best shape and arch for your face. It will also make filling in your brows easier!