With the smell of summer finally in the air and temperatures rapidly rising, minimal makeup has become our go-to beauty look. That means we’re swapping out our fuller coverage foundations for more natural, fresh-faced options. So, of course, we want our complexions to be as “on-point” as possible. Our favorite way to keep our skin consistently clear and radiant?! Face masks—especially ones we can easily create ourselves. No need to break the bank with an expensive facial; check out one of these rich and creamy DIY face masks instead!
1. This avocado, lemon and honey face mask is easy to make and works double duty to clarify and brighten your skin. It also adds a healthy dose of moisture!
2. Honey, milk, avocado and oatmeal are four ingredients that, when on your face, help to remove unwanted dirt and oil from your pores. They also protect your skin from pesky dry patches, resulting in a super-soft, radiant complexion.
3. The yogurt in these three homemade cucumber face masks help in exfoliating, brightening and soothing redness! Skin is left looking (and feeling) refreshed and happy.
4. Warning: These four delicious homemade face masks smell so good that you may be tempted to eat them! Ground coffee works to brighten and the lactic acid in the milk (use whole milk) works to gently exfoliate.
5. The buttermilk in this avocado, kiwi, banana and buttermilk face mask contains AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids) which expertly exfoliates and rejuvenates your complexion. Additionally, skin-softening vitamins A and E—found in the avocado—will leave your face feeling ultra-soft.
Written by Kaleigh Fasanella