If you ask us, there’s nothing like a glass of ice-cold coffee on a hot summer day. It’s our go-to drink around 3 p.m. most days in the office, and can easily turn an average afternoon into a luxurious one. Below, find our favorite recipe for cold-brewed coffee, known to instantly refuel and refocus us (despite the mile-long to-do list just a few inches from our cup). How do you take your coffee?
Photography by Krista A. Jones
Makes 6 cups.
- French press
- 6 cups water
- 6 tablespoons ground coffee
- Wooden spoon
- Ice, cream and sugar for serving
1. Place coffee in bottom of French press.
2. Pour water into French press.
3. Gently stir with wooden spoon.
4. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 10 hours. Be sure to leave the plunger facing up in the French press (or, cover French press with plastic wrap instead).
5. Remove from fridge. If you used the plunger, press it down. Serve coffee over ice and with cream and sugar if desired.
6. Store in an airtight container (like a Mason or Weck jar) in the refrigerator.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.