Let’s face it: Whether we’re lounging somewhere along the coast or shivering in the AC at the office, we all want those pretty, tousled beach waves—especially during these carefree summer months! Happily, you can achieve this breezy style with minimal time spent in front of the mirror with the do-it-all ghd (“good hair day”) Eclipse Professional 1″ Styling Iron. The curved edges and overall sleek design of this iron will help you create this on-trend look in a snap! The ceramic plates heat up to 365 degrees in 20 seconds flat and glide easily through your hair, ensuring a glossy, smooth finish. Another major bonus? The entire surface area of the plates stays consistently hot, so you don’t need to fuss with the positioning of the tool while styling.
If anyone knows about hair technology, it’s ghd. The brand spent five years developing the Eclipse Professional 1″ Styling Iron—talk about a dedication to design! And today you can snag your own as part of QVC’s “Today’s Special Value” for just $179 (it’s regularly $245).
Authentic beach waves are easy to achieve when Mother Nature is on our side, but we couldn’t be more thrilled to have cracked the code for an at-home recreation of this look with the help of ghd’s tool. Below, our beauty editor Erin Sousa is sharing a few easy steps for achieving those loose and effortless waves. Don’t forget to pick up the Eclipse Professional 1″ Styling Iron for only $179 while you can!
Words and photography by Erin Sousa
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- ghd Eclipse Professional 1″ Styling Iron
- pin or clip
1. Start with dry hair. Day-old hair will hold style much better, but if it’s freshly washed, a spritz of dry shampoo at the roots will give it a little texture.
2. Pin or clip roughly half of your hair on top of your head. Begin gathering one-inch sections from the bottom portion of your hair. (The larger the section, the more open the curl.) Spritz each section with light-hold hairspray and brush it through. When done, undo the top portion of your hair and repeat (gather, spritz, brush).
3. Start curling! Place the iron near the scalp and lightly clamp down on hair, twisting the iron around your hair and pulling downward in one fluid motion. Release the iron before you hit the very last inch or so of your hair—straight ends keep this style looking super-chic.
4. Continue this curling process all the way around your head, turning the pieces that are closest to your face away from your face to create a more modern, on-trend look.
5. Spray hair with hairspray and tousle with your hands to finish!
*This post is sponsored by ghd and QVC.