London-based blogger Monica Beatrice Welburn is stopping by to share her “five-minute face” routine—the quick and easy process that allows you to apply your makeup in five minutes flat. It’s a natural look that’s perfect for work, working out or play!
“It’s pretty safe to say that most of us have a daily beauty routine that gets us up, ready and out the door in a relatively short amount of time. I have always enjoyed the getting-ready process, but since I started working on my blog, The Elgin Avenue, full time from home, I’ve simplified my routine to a ‘five minute face.’ The focus is perfected skin, a rosy cheek, wide Bambi-like eyes and just-bitten lips. It gives off the appearance of healthy and glowing skin. Over the summer months, you can get away with less makeup as your skin will naturally take on a little color from the sun. Carry your lipstick with you to work and try a bolder lip for after-office occasions. A bright lipstick looks beautiful set against natural skin. This super-speedy beauty routine is perfect for work or the weekend. Polished but understated, the ‘five minute face’ is the next step up from ‘no makeup,’ to ‘makeup.'” -Monica
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Tinted moisturizer
- Eyebrow pencil/eyebrow powder
- Cream bronzer
- Lip balm
- Bright lipstick
- Apply tinted moisturizer all over your face and neck, blending in with your fingertips.
- Apply concealer to under-eye bags and blemishes.
- Fill eyebrows in using an eyebrow pencil or eyebrow powder.
- Apply cream bronzer or blush to the apples of your cheeks. Blend with a wide brush.
- Add more blush to the apples of your cheeks for a rosy glow.
- Apply mascara generously to top lashes.
- Soften lips with a moisturising balm.
- Dab a bright lipstick over the balm and pat in with your fingers.
Words and photography by Monica Beatrice Welburn