Mastering an effortless summer glow by way of our makeup routine this season is at the top of our to-do list. Summer isn’t a time to pile on the products—a deliberate combination of soft, creamy, glow-enhancing products is all you need to create a polished and luminous look. Our beauty editor Erin Sousa and one of our favorite lifestyle bloggers, Alexandra Grant of “To Vogue or Bust,” are giving us the simple how-to below. Trust us: You’ll want to replicate this minimalistic summer beauty look, stat!
- Glossier Soothing Face Mist
- Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes 5 Star Mascara
- Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash
- Too Faced Endless Summer Long-Wear Bronzer
- Kjaer Weis Lip Tint in ‘Sweetness’
- Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée in ‘Poppy Paradise’
- St. Tropez Self Tan Luxe Facial Oil
- Too Faced Kabuki Brush
1. Start by applying your self-tanner of choice (see our how-to here!). A soft bronze glow makes for the perfect blank canvas.
2. Highlight the high points of your face for a luminous glow. Do so by blending highlighter on the tops of your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose and your browbones.
3. Warm up your skin by dusting bronzer on your cheekbones, along your jawline and at your hairline. Blend well.
4. A sheer wash of color on the apples of your cheeks looks so fresh and pretty. Apply with your fingertips, diffusing the color and layering as needed.
5. A swipe of long-lasting mascara is just enough to define your eyes. Keep it natural with one coat on your top and bottom lashes.
6. A dab of creamy pink pigment on your lips will finish off your summer-ready face!
7. Set your makeup and add a little dewiness with a spritz of soothing rosewater face spray—it’s refreshing and will help soften your look.
Shop the post: