With its warm weather and longer days, summer is the perfect time to spice up your date-night routine. This weekend, swap your typical takeout-and-Netflix plans for an activity or excursion you’ve never tried or taken together. Below are a few ideas for heating things up in your relationship.
1. Plan a sunset picnic. There are few things more romantic than packing a picnic for two and cozying up in the grass or at the beach together. Grab a bottle of wine, head to a prime sunset-viewing location and marvel at nature’s beauty as you enjoy your meal.
2. Work up a sweat. Lace up your sneakers and take your summer workout to the next level! Go for a scenic run together, try a new-to-both-of-you exercise class or hit the courts to see whose tennis skills are actually better.
3. Attend a wine tasting. Head to a local winery to spend a late afternoon tasting wines and wandering around in the vineyards. You’ll create lasting memories—and maybe even discover a new favorite vino together!
4. See an outdoor concert or movie. Everything is better outdoors in the summer! Ask your local park district if it will be hosting any movies in the park this year. If one of your favorite bands is playing an outdoor show on its summer tour, make it a top priority to attend.
5. Make a splash. Whether it’s at the beach, pool or lake, you’ll have fun channeling your inner child as you spend an afternoon swimming and soaking up some sun. Pack a cooler with your favorite drinks, and spend some time relaxing. (Don’t forget the sunscreen!)
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.