If it’s not scorching hot where you live, we certainly envy you! But if you are suffering from the heat wave that’s currently sweeping the country, we’ve rounded up some fun ideas for staying cool this weekend.
1. Keep cool by the pool (or indoors, with lots of fans or air conditioning) and start a new book. Check out our September book recommendations.
2. Set aside a chunk of time to sort through your closet and figure out what you want to purchase for fall.
3. Treat yourself to a DIY face mask. As the mask works its magic, flip through a pile of your favorite magazines’ September issues.
4. Whip up a batch of salted watermelon slushes with your girlfriends. Enjoy them while watching “Sex and the City” reruns in the air conditioning!
5. Accompany the above activity with ice cream sandwich bites—so good!
6. Switch up the art on your gallery wall for fall!
7. Get some exercise in! Avoid heat exhaustion by working out at home. Give one of our favorite YouTube fitness channels a try.
8. Do some online shopping. Threshold’s new fall collection at Target launches Sunday, and every piece is sure to go fast!
Whatever you do this weekend, stay cool and have fun!
Photo courtesy of SMP Living