Late nights, early mornings and that extra glass of wine all contribute to fatigued eyes, which means it’s time to break out our favorite tricks for looking bright and fresh. Though our eyes may indeed be tired, they don’t need to look that way. Getting them to pop is as easy as can be—it’s all about a few strategic products. This makeup routine makes for the perfect daytime look and it’s easy to amp it up for the evening with a little shadow and liner. Glitter Guide beauty editor Erin Sousa and lifestyle blogger Alexandra Grant of To Vogue or Bust are breaking down the quick and fresh five-step look for us!
–Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express for Brows and Eyes
–NARS Dual Intensity Blush in Jubilation (used as the highlighter)
–Burberry Beauty Effortless Mascara
–Benefit Eye Bright
–MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter
1. Filling out the brows will create the structure and definition we’re looking for here, so follow your natural shape and feather your color lightly. Focus on the arch for extra lift.
2. Bringing as much light to the eyes is essential, so a luminous highlight on the brow bone and on the inner corners of the eyes is the key to this perked-up look.
3. Open the eyes by curling your lashes and then apply your mascara to the top and bottom lashes. Two coats will give some much-needed definition!
4. The secret to this look is in the brightening liner on the waterline. This cancels out any redness and also makes the whites of the eyes look larger.
5. Remove darkness from under the eyes with a light reflecting concealer, paying special attention to the darkest hollow and patting the product gently into place. Assess and apply another layer should you really need it—we do, most days!