With the leaves turning outside and a definitive crispness entering the air, we’re so excited to start spending our evenings curled up by the fire with a good read and some favorite fall treats. Whether you choose an empowering self-help book, a behind-the-scenes look at the fashion industry or a spooky thriller (fitting for Halloween!), our October picks are sure to keep you occupied all month long.
1. “Eight Hundred Grapes” by Laura Dave: Georgia Ford realizes she may not know her family and fiancé as well as she thought she did.
2. “Infinite Home” by Kathleen Alcott: A moving story that follows a memorable string of characters as they search for comfort and connection.
3. “Dark Places” by Gillian Flynn: If you were a fan of Flynn’s “Gone Girl,” you’ll likely be glued to the pages of her other suspense novel!
4. “Rising Strong” by Brené Brown: A must-read from one of the nation’s leading social scientists, who combines research and real-life stories to illustrate everything we can gain from being brave and vulnerable.
5. “Tales from the Back Row” by Amy Odell: Written by the editor of Cosmopolitan.com, this hilarious yet thoughtful tell-all provides an irresistible glimpse of the fashion industry’s inner workings.
6. “All the Light We Cannot See” by Anthony Doerr: If historical fiction is your cup of tea, check out this hauntingly beautiful World War II-era novel.
7. “Fates and Furies” by Lauren Groff: This marriage-minded novel examines passion and people in an intriguing way.
8. “The Leftovers” by Tom Perrotta: Dive into this book—which inspired a hit TV show of the same name—about a town that experiences an unexplained disappearance of many of its citizens.
9. “The Girl in the Spider’s Web” by David Lagercrantz: Another thriller from the acclaimed series that includes “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.” Your heart will be racing with every page turn!
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.