With the leaves turning outside and a definitive crispness entering the air, we’re so excited to start spending our evenings curled up by the fire with a good read and some favorite fall treats. Whether you choose an empowering self-help book, a behind-the-scenes look at the fashion industry or a spooky thriller (fitting for Halloween!), our October picks are sure to keep you occupied all month long.
1. “Eight Hundred Grapes” by Laura Dave: Georgia Ford realizes she may not know her family and fiancé as well as she thought she did.
2. “Infinite Home” by Kathleen Alcott: A moving story that follows a memorable string of characters as they search for comfort and connection.
3. “Dark Places” by Gillian Flynn: If you were a fan of Flynn’s “Gone Girl,” you’ll likely be glued to the pages of her other suspense novel!
4. “Rising Strong” by Brené Brown: A must-read from one of the nation’s leading social scientists, who combines research and real-life stories to illustrate everything we can gain from being brave and vulnerable.
5. “Tales from the Back Row” by Amy Odell: Written by the editor of Cosmopolitan.com, this hilarious yet thoughtful tell-all provides an irresistible glimpse of the fashion industry’s inner workings.
6. “All the Light We Cannot See” by Anthony Doerr: If historical fiction is your cup of tea, check out this hauntingly beautiful World War II-era novel.
7. “Fates and Furies” by Lauren Groff: This marriage-minded novel examines passion and people in an intriguing way.
8. “The Leftovers” by Tom Perrotta: Dive into this book—which inspired a hit TV show of the same name—about a town that experiences an unexplained disappearance of many of its citizens.
9. “The Girl in the Spider’s Web” by David Lagercrantz: Another thriller from the acclaimed series that includes “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.” Your heart will be racing with every page turn!