I recently spent a weekend apple picking in northern Michigan. It’s one of my favorite fall activities (check out 25 more fun things to do this season here)! And when it comes to cooking up the fruits of my labor, there’s arguably no option more scrumptious than fresh apple slices coated in a sticky cinnamon sauce. Treat yo’ self to the easiest baked apples in all the land via the recipe below. Bonus: It’s picky eater-approved! —Arin Agase
P.S.: Check out PickYourOwn.org to find local farms near you that offer apple picking. Tag us in photos of your apple-inspired adventures and creations. Happy fall!
- 10 apples (cored, peeled and sliced)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Dash salt
- Dash vanilla
- 1 scoop ice cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place apples in a nonstick baking dish. (I line the whole dish with tinfoil; it minimizes mess!)
3. Mix in the remaining ingredients and cover dish with tinfoil.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring the mixture after about 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
6. Serve (with ice cream, if you so desire) and enjoy!
Words and photography via Heart of Chic