As the leader of our team here at Glitter Guide, Taylor constantly has her ear to the ground sussing out the latest and greatest in fashion and lifestyle trends. And this month, she’s got her eye on some pretty fabulous pieces. Below, Taylor shares her must-haves for October. Plus, she reveals her brand-new personal Tumblr page—you don’t want to miss it!
1. J.Crew Collection, Calf Hair Ankle Boots ($398): I’ve been on the hunt for leopard print booties for this fall/winter season. These may just be the ones!
2. EVELYN LILY Tumblr: If you’ve been following me for some time, you know that I am a die-hard Tumblr advocate. I think it’s the most visually pleasing online platform. I’ve been Tumbling on my own personal page for years, but I started a new one recently. I’m not entirely sure where I’m going with it and how exactly it’s going to differ from my other Tumblr, but it’s inspired by the beauty and style of my late grandmother Evelyn Lily. She was a true gem, and I feel I wouldn’t be doing what I am doing today without her influence. This Tumblr is about the beauty of being a woman. It’s about style, strength, motherhood and more.
3. ISABEL MARANT, Beaded Raquel Blouse ($530), Madewell, High Riser Crop Flares ($135), J.Crew, Straw Market Tote ($49.50): Here in northern California, it’s pretty warm through much of October, so I can’t pull out all my fall staples quite yet. This look via Pinterest is quite summery, but I think the colors and proportions have a fall feeling to them. I love that she looks like she’s headed to a farmers’ market—I would like to look like that all the time. I found this top, jeans and bag to recreate the style myself.
4. Lancôme, Auda[City] in Paris Eyeshadow Palette ($68): This Parisian-inspired palette is pretty dreamy, and the color payoff is great. I’m loving the shade “Joie.” I mean, after all, who doesn’t want to be mistaken for a Parisian beauty?!
5. Chaplin townhouse as designed by Elizabeth Roberts and Josh Lekwa of Ensemble Architecture, DPC: I like to find ways to add fall touches into our home that aren’t necessarily pumpkins, wreaths, etc. Using these types of colors and patterns is a fun alternative. (photo by Dustin Aksland, courtesy Ensemble Architecture, DPC)
6. Preston & Olivia, Ashby Hat in “Antique Rose” ($210): I think this is the most gorgeous hat for fall. Preston & Olivia hats are the best!
7. Warby Parker, Percey Eyeglasses in “Scarlet Tortoise” ($95): I love Warby Parker eyeglasses. The customer service and the quality of the glasses are superb. Now that I’m having to wear my glasses more often (thanks, old age!), I’m always looking for really chic and easy-to-wear pairs. I love the colors in the new fall collection, like this burgundy hue.