The denim skirt has gotten a makeover, in a very grown-up and chic way. From fitted pencil skirts to button-down minis, we’re showing you five ways to dress it up, and how to recreate the look yourself.
1. To add a little flair to your office attire, pair classic staples like an oxford shirt and pointy heels to balance out a destroyed pencil skirt like Anna of See Anna Jane did in this feminine look.
Buy this: Free People Denim Skirt ($108.00)
2. For a ’70s-inspired look, try a button-down denim mini. Or, add a striped turtleneck and over-the-knee black boots, like Lana Jayne, to create a fun, girl’s night outfit.
Buy this: AEO Button Down Denim Skirt ($39.95)
3. Even when paired with a cozy sweater, a denim pencil skirt maintains a sophisticated style. Match it with a pair of suede heels, like Caitlin here, and you have a must-try fall look.
Buy this: LOFT Denim Skirt ($49.99)
4. With its high waist and button details, all you need is a black blazer and big shades to pull off this European street-chic look from Stockholm Street Style.
Buy this: Alexa Chung for AG Cool Button-Front Denim Skirt ($245)
5. We love this double denim look seen on 360 Nobs, for a surprisingly sexy outfit. Hello, date night!
Buy this: McGuire Denim Marino Skirt ($228)