We love the lead up to Christmas—decorating the tree, shopping for gifts and parties with loved ones; it’s such a magical time. When it comes to our festive parties, we like to find special drinks we can serve to delight our guests. This season, we’ve really been enjoying our Nespresso Evoluo machine that is part of the VertuoLine™. We talked about how it’s improved our morning routine recently and now it’s making delicious holiday coffee drinks a cinch!
The Evoluo brews both large-cup, high-quality coffee and espresso with such ease. The innovative technology guarantees that each cup of coffee is brewed to perfection and finished with a silky and generous crema (a sign of high-quality coffee). With just a touch of a button, you’ll brew a great cup of coffee or espresso. It’s become a big hit with our guests and we already know a few people who will be getting the Evoluo machine for Christmas. It’s truly a special gift for the coffee lovers in your life.
What’s also convenient about the VertuoLine™ Evoluo machine is that when you have a smaller gathering, you can quickly make delicious coffee or espresso for guests and tailor each cup to their liking without having to brew a huge pot of coffee. Additionally, all Nespresso capsules are recyclable and can be dropped off at boutiques, select fine retailers or the brand’s UPS mailback program, which provides prepaid recycling bags for consumers to mail back used capsules!
In the spirit of the holidays, we decided to make our own great party drink, Spiked Peppermint Mochas, with our Nespresso machine. Try our recipe below and experience a cup above this season.
Spiked Peppermint Mocha with Nespresso Coffee
- 2 tablespoons peppermint liqueur (we used peppermint schnapps)
- 3 tablespoons powdered hot chocolate
- 1 Nespresso capsule (we used Nespresso VertuoLine Limited Edition Swiss Chocolate)
- ⅓ cup warmed milk of your choice
- Whipped cream
- 1 candy cane
- Optional: gingerbread cookies for dipping
- Brew 1 capsule of Nespresso
- Add the peppermint schnapps, powdered hot chocolate and milk
- Add whipped cream (as much as you like) and sprinkles, and finish with a candy cane