The holiday season is full of reasons to add a little extra glow and shimmer to a beauty routine. From office parties to family gatherings, the goal is to look your best (while still looking like yourself)! We teamed up with Blushington to try three easy holiday party looks on our New York City editor Carly and her friends to show you how simple it is to get holiday ready!
Gilded Gold Eyes and Holiday Red Lips
The easiest way to take your makeup routine to holiday ready? A red lip of course! Festive and fun, this party look is easy to achieve in a flash.
- For the perfect amount of shine, begin by applying a deep gold shimmery shadow to the lids.
- Next, using a liquid black eyeliner, apply a thin line along the lash line to help make the gold shadow pop.
- To help balance the red lips, apply blush on the apples of the cheeks for a rosy glow.
- Finally, swipe on two layers of bright red lipstick for standout, mistletoe-ready lips!
Glowing, Snow-Kissed Skin
We love the way our skin becomes dewy and fresh looking after spending the day outside in the snow. Now you can stay warm, and still get those rosy cheeks and shimmery skin with these four easy steps.
- For glowing skin, mix liquid foundation and a liquid illuminator and evenly apply to skin using a damp makeup sponge. Next, using a shimmery gold shadow, lightly shade the eyes and inside the corners of the eyes to create a subtle shimmer.
- Next, smile and apply a rosy blush to the apple of the cheeks.
- To create an overall glow, apply a highlighting powder to the cheekbones, forehead and tip of the nose to help catch the light.
- Lastly, swipe a coat of blush lipstick, like Blushington’s B. Lovely Lipstick, and gloss to complete this holiday-glow look.
Glitter and sparkle are a must for the holiday season, but that doesn’t mean you need to go crazy to get in the spirit. A classic cat eye gets a festive update with these simple steps.
- Using black liquid eyeliner, draw a thin line close to the lash line continuing out to create the classic winged eye.
- Next, dip a thin brush in silver glitter and press along the lash line. When combined with the liquid liner, it will bring a subtle sparkle to the eye. To prevent glitter from falling on the face, hold a makeup sponge underneath the lashes to help catch loose glitter.
- To create more drama, swipe two coats of lengthening black mascara for sky-high lashes.
- Finally, finish with a shimmery peach gloss for holiday shine.