Our creative contributor, Arin Agase, is back today to share a delectably sweet tutorial for homemade chocolate spoons! Plus, you can find her thoughts on combinations and gift wrapping below.
‘Tis the season for extra treats! If you’re looking for a tasty DIY, I’ve got the scoop (did you catch that one!?). Hot chocolate spoons are perfect for stirring up a piping cup of hot cocoa or coffee. If you’re feeling festive, host a holiday party and feature a delicious hot chocolate bar with all the trimmings. These spoons are a great gift option, too! They make cute stocking stuffers, office treats and beyond, but we won’t judge you if you save them all for yourself.
Try making your spoons with a variety of chocolate and candy. My favorite option? Crushed peppermint and white chocolate. It reminds me of my favorite holiday drink: the peppermint mocha. Simply dip your spoon in the coffee, sit back and relax. And you thought your coffee or hot chocolate couldn’t get any better! A few other combinations to try: mini chocolate chips and white chocolate, mini marshmallows and milk chocolate, extra sprinkles, caramel drizzle and toffee.
DIY Hot Chocolate Spoons
Ingredients and Supplies
- Mini chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips/milk chocolate chips
- Candy cane (to crush)
- Caramel (I purchased pre-made caramel drizzle)
- Candy toppings of choice
- Mini marshmallows
- Plastic spoons (I chose gold, my favorite color!)
- Wax paper
- Begin by melting chocolate or caramel (whichever your heart desires!). Follow package for instructions, but I stirred for 15-second intervals. If you overheat, the chocolate/caramel will harden.
- Dip your spoon into the melted chocolate. Remove excess chocolate and place on wax paper.
- Immediately sprinkle with a topping of your choice. Lay flat to dry.
What’s more, these decadent delights take just five minutes to make! Pro tip: make a cozy kit for friends/family by packaging a homemade chocolate spoon, mug, cozy gloves, marshmallows, extra chocolate, a blanket and a movie. We can’t wait to see your creations, so make sure to tag @GlitterGuide #FlashesofDelight.