We’re particularly thrilled to have blogger and culinary pro, Cassie Winslow, drop by Glitter Guide today because she’s sharing her scrumptious recipe for a Lavender Orange Hot Toddy! It’s the perfect way to warm up on these cold winter nights.
This twist on the classic hot toddy will have your taste buds singing! With hints of lavender and vibrant citrus, this toasty cocktail is the ultimate comfort at the end of a long, frigid day. It’s the perfect cold–weather beverage to snuggle-up with under layers of blankets (while viewing a classic movie, of course), and is truly as pretty as it is delectable. Happy sipping!
Lavender Orange Hot Toddy
*Makes one drink.
- 1 bag of organic lavender tea (you can also purchase organic, edible lavender in the bulk tea/spice section in many natural food stores, and place about 1 tablespoon of lavender flowers in a tea satchel)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 ounces whiskey
- Juice from 1 organic orange wedge, plus another wedge for garnish
- 1 teaspoon organic raw honey
- Simply steep the tea for a few minutes.
- Pour in whiskey and the juice from an orange wedge.
- Add honey and stir.
- Discard tea satchel.
- Garnish with the additional orange wedge and organic lavender. Cheers!