Pink is one of our favorite colors as of late, and with Valentine’s Day around the corner, there’s even more reason to use it in abundance with everything from home décor to this delicious strawberry coconut milk recipe that Caitlin put together! Her thoughts and recipe below.
I can’t eat dairy right now, so I’ve been having fun with coconut milk and I love the subtle sweetness of this strawberry-infused drink. I’ll admit, I added a drop of pink food coloring because there are no artificial flavorings in the drink to make it this color. What’s more, this is a great drink for kids, too!
Strawberry Coconut Milk
*Makes two drinks.
- 2 cups vanilla-flavored unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped (either fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- In a stove pot over low heat, combine strawberries, water and sugar. Stir frequently until the sugar has dissolved and the strawberries have completely softened and are falling apart (roughly 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Strain the strawberries so you are left with a strawberry syrup.
- Pour into two mugs.
- Top with warm coconut milk and stir.
*Add pink/red food coloring if desired!