At the helm of her own e-commerce beauty brand, Peach & Lily, Alicia Yoon has had the unique opportunity to dig down deep when it comes to putting our best faces forward. From her roots in Korea struggling with eczema, to her current role as the bright-eyed leader of what is now a world-renowned brand, Alicia has come leaps and bounds in her quest to master thoughtful beauty routines and regimens. Below, Alicia lets us in on her own morning and nightly routines, plus she shares some of the products that have changed her perception of modern skincare for the better.
Coffee or tea?
What’s your morning beauty routine?
- Just a touch of oil cleanser: T.E.N. Cremor Cleansing Gel Oil, or sometimes Natural Coconut Cleansing Oil, followed by a water-based cleanser like S-Energy Facial Mousse Cleanser
- Toner: Be The Skin Botanical Nutrition Power Toner
- Essence: Water Volume Ex First Essence
- Face oil: Organic Argan Oil, mixed with Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule or sometimes Be The Skin Botanical Nutrition Power Serum
- Serum: S-Energy Long Lasting Concentrated Serum (I’m on my fifth bottle—it’s the ‘Holy Grail’ serum for me)
- Eye cream: Shadow-Off Eye Cream
- Seal it all in with this moisturizer: Raw Concentra Day Cream or Hydro Plus Snow Falls Melting Cream
- Cushion compact with SPF: UV Mist Cushion
Favorite a.m. beauty products?
On nights when I don’t get much sleep, I use the Gold Black Pearl Hydrogel Eye Mask. I love it because it instantly gives me more radiant and brighter eyes.
What’s the first website you look at in the morning?
Our internal Peach & Lily website to get a pulse check on what happened during the night—we have international and active customers in the wee hours.
What’s your morning soundtrack?
No music for me in the mornings, actually. I really enjoy very quiet mornings—I meditate each morning and go for quiet, brisk walks or a light jog. The peace and quiet helps me get my thoughts going. When I’m tired though, I’ll shower with loud, upbeat music—could be anything from Daft Punk and Meghan Trainor to Michael Jackson.
What’s for breakfast?
An omelet and green tea.
How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
I wake up at 7 a.m. and am out the door by 8:40 a.m., but that includes a 20-minute meditation and a 15-minute walk.
What’s your nightly routine before bed?
Toward the end of the evening, I’ll usually have a glass of red wine after dinner and do something a bit more relaxing, whether that’s watching TV, sorting through emails that don’t require too much thought or flipping through some magazines. Some evenings, I draw a bath and unwind with soft music, hot tea and a good read or podcast. And at least half an hour before I go to bed, I try to make sure I’m off all electronics—especially my iPhone—and I go to the bedroom and unwind by having some quiet downtime with usually a good read and a warm glass of plain water.
What TV shows, books, podcasts and/or magazines are you into?
- Magazines: The Travel Almanac, The New Yorker, The Gentlewoman, domino (lately, as I’m renovating my apartment)
- Books: East of Eden, Norwegian Wood, A Brief History of Time, Archie comic books. Generally, I like switching between fiction and non-fiction reads, and I’ll usually read a couple of books at a time versus getting through one at a time.
What’s your evening beauty routine?
It’s the same as my morning routine, except I’ll add in an ampoule or a couple more serums. Lately, I use Encapsulated Collagen Serum, Propolis Sparkle Ampoule and Hydro Plus Snow Falls Water-Full Serum. I also sometimes opt for a sleeping mask—like this Tightening Mask—instead of a night cream, and sometimes replace the serums step with masks. Our Gold Premium Modeling Mask, Cremorlab Herb Tea Blemish Minus Calming Mask and Snail Moisture Mask are all favorites of mine. I use the Non-Stimulus Face Polisher weekly—it’s gentle enough for my dry and sensitive skin.
Favorite p.m. beauty products?
I love masking in the evenings, especially if I pair it with a nice bath.
Favorite bedtime snack?
Hot decaffeinated tea or just plain hot water.
What’s the last thing you do before you fall asleep?
Moisturize my hands, feet and lips—I have very dry skin, so this is a must for me.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.