Trader Joe’s features a wide array of tasty foods at low prices, so it’s no wonder it’s our go-to spot for everything from healthy (and not so healthy) snacks to produce, frozen foods, pantry staples and cheese (just wait until you see its massive selection!). Needless to say, TJ’s is the perfect place for stocking up on delicious (and inexpensive!) foods, beverages and cooking essentials. Caitlin shares a few products she always has on hand that make it easy to throw together lunch or dinner in a pinch.
- Coconut Oil: I use coconut oil for baking and frying, but it also has a plethora of beauty uses.
- Almond Butter: You can’t beat the price (or number of different varieties!) of TJ’s almond butters. I always try to keep a jar in the fridge and use it on toast paired with a banana in a pinch for breakfast or lunch when my food supply is running low.
- Conventional Chicken Broth: I try to keep at least two cartons of chicken broth on hand in my pantry—I go through it so frequently when making soups and sauces. And now that I’m using my slow cooker so often, it seems I can never get enough broth. I prefer TJ’s conventional broth over its organic version, which I find to be a little bland.
- Spanish Olives: I snack on these, use them in recipes and toss them in salads and pasta. Plus, they are always good for whipping up a dirty martini!
- Brown Rice Pasta: At $1.99 per package, you can’t beat the price of Trader Joe’s bagged pasta. I keep my pantry full!
- Pre-Peeled Garlic: Every other week, I pick up a bag of pre-peeled garlic. Call me lazy, but it saves time in the kitchen when I only have 20 minutes to prepare dinner while my daughter is napping.
- Champagne Vinegar and Spanish Olive Oil: Trader Joe’s offers a great assortment of vinegars and olive oils at great prices. Right now, I’m loving the Champagne vinegar because I’ve been making all of my own salad dressings. It comes in handy to have a few different varieties on hand.
- Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Bites: These are a great grab-and-go snack that actually fill you up thanks to the protein in the peanut butter.
- Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate: One bottle of this coffee concentrate makes 12 eight-ounce cups of coffee. What’s more, you can drink it iced or hot!
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌