In case you didn’t hear, The Oscars are this weekend! So, now’s the time to catch up on those new release movies you’ve been waiting to rent, and to call up your best pals and make sure they pencil in the award show viewing at your house Sunday night. Whether you’re a certified film fanatic, or the red carpet is your favorite part of the show, we’re anticipating that it’s going to be a night to remember.
To add a fun layer of competition to the soirée, our graphic designer and editor, Carrie Waller, created an exclusive printable Oscars 2016 ballot. Simply click that link to download, then print and jot down your guesses. And in case you’re in need of a no-fail 10-minute party treat to have on hand, Carrie’s also sharing her easy (and tasty!) recipe for chocolate-covered pretzel bites below!
Chocolate-Covered Pretzel Bites
*Makes 40 bites.
- 1 tablespoon butter-flavored Crisco shortening
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 40 bite-sized pretzels
- Pour the white chocolate chips and shortening into a microwave-safe bowl, and place in a microwave.
- Heat on high in 15-second intervals, stirring between each heating, until all of the chips are melted and the chocolate runs smooth.
- Hold one corner of a pretzel, and dip it into the melted chocolate. Tap against the side of the bowl to let the excess chocolate drip off.
- Repeat step 3 with all of the pretzels, placing them on a sheet of wax paper one by one when done.
- While the chocolate is still warm, douse the pretzels with sprinkles.
- Let the chocolate cool and harden, and enjoy! They can be stored in an air-tight container for one week.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌