Who better to turn to for spring trend forecasting than fashion blogger, Briana Pashcow?! We are more than happy to stand firmly behind her seasonal style guesses below. What are you most looking forward to this spring shopping season? We want to know!
Spring has finally arrived and that means spring fashion trends are blooming, too. Bring on less layers, brighter colors and shorter hemlines! Who’s with us? That said, seeing the latest seasonal trends on catwalks and donned by models and fashion bloggers alike can be slightly intimidating. Even when we love something we see, it can be difficult to envision how to incorporate trends into our everyday lives. The key is to simplify! Here are the popular trends you’ll be seeing a lot of this spring and our favorite ways to style them.
- Suede: Many people think suede is a fall texture, but that is a common misconception! Suede jackets add the perfect layer while the weather is still warming up and suede skirts and dresses are effortlessly chic and stylish. (image via AllyCog)
- Shirt dresses: These dresses are so lightweight and comfortable and can easily transition from day to night. During the day, you can pair one with flat sandals, and for a night out, simply throw on some heels or a jacket and you’re ready to go! Now, that’s effortless style. (image via Dallas Wardrobe)
- Pleats: What makes pleated pieces really beautiful is their movement. Since the pleats provide extra fabric, they’re able to move as you do. Not only is the flowy fabric really beautiful to look at, it also ups the comfort factor. Yes, please! (image via Fashion Jackson)
- Fringe: On everything from handbags to dresses, fringe adds a flare that is really chic. It’s another style that has a flowy movement, which is both feminine and fun. If fringe is too much for you, you can also opt for its sister style: the tassel. A handbag with a tassel detail—or even tassel-embellished earrings or heels—will still add a fun pop to your look. (image via BrianaPash)
- Off-the-shoulder neckline: Exposed shoulders were also big last year but there’s definitely more variety this season. You can opt for a totally open neckline or cutouts that just highlight your shoulders. Both options make for a totally breezy look that is feminine and also a little bit sexy. (image via Carrie Bradshaw Lied)
- Bomber jackets: Add these to your look to achieve a tomboy-meets-chic style. These jackets can still look feminine but just add a slightly sporty, casual edge. Since they’re typically lightweight, they’re also a great layering item while the weather is still warming up. (image via Oh So Glam)
- Trench vest: This is the perfect way to add spring-approved layers to your look! Trench style vests are very lightweight and provide an effortlessly chic pop of style. Stick with neutrals and pastels that will easily layer on top of any outfit. Their long lines are also very slimming. Don’t mind if we do! (image via StyleCusp)
- Ruffles: This may be one of our favorites! Ruffles are fun, flirty and feminine. They are another trend that have a lot of movement, making them a gorgeous statement piece wherever you go. Pair a ruffled top with a great pair of skinny jeans to really show it off. (image via ElizabethKeene)
- Lace-Up Top: The lace-up style has been everywhere this year, from shoes to dresses, but this spring it’s all about the lace-up top! We love the edgy vibe it gives off while still being ultra feminine. It’s a way to show off a little more skin, without showing off a little too much, if you know what we mean! (image via Styled Snapshots)
- Flares: The 70s are back this spring with the return of the flares! These are perfect for cooler weather as the season transitions. Their shape and longer length help elongate your body, throw on a pair of heels to make your legs appear to go on for days. (image via Dash of Darling)