We’re thrilled to welcome Amber Karson, of Karson Butler Events, back to Glitter Guide today, as she shares a simple tutorial for a DIY spring basket—a gift that will easily boost your good karma this season.
Spring is officially here, so whether you’re preparing a hostess gift ahead of spring break vacation or a May Day basket for your neighbor (can we please bring back that tradition?!), you won’t want to miss this easy and elegant DIY spring basket. Scroll on for the step-by-step breakdown!
DIY Spring Basket
- Bottle of wine (we’re partial to this winery and this one)
- Seed packets
- Scented drawer liners
- Chocolate bar
- Bath salts
- Nail polish
- Floral foam (easily purchased at your local craft store)
- Moss in varying shades
- Fresh blooms, trimmed short
- Place large items (like your wine bottle) and oasis block (see instructions on how to soak) down first. Fill in the bottom of the basket with filler and moss. Add in additional items (bath salts, etc.) and fresh blooms to your oasis block. Our tip: In lieu of a traditional basket, a planter or pot that can be repurposed later for spring plantings makes a great gift that keeps on giving!
- Once all of your items are in place, tuck remaining small blooms and moss in a variety of colors into your basket to fill in any empty space. More is definitely better in this case!
- Tie a beautiful ribbon around the largest item in your basket. In our example, we used a raw linen ribbon around the neck of the Baker & Brain white wine, but sparkling lemonade (sold at Trader Joe’s) or bottled sparkling water would work just as nicely!