Our lifestyle contributor, Erin Sousa, breaks down your spring beauty bag cleanup in six easy steps!
Spring cleaning doesn’t stop with clutter in your home—our beauty bags can be just as susceptible to mess and disorganization. Spring is the perfect time to toss, clean and reorganize this all-important part of our daily routines, so our handy guide below will help you free up space and allow you to gain some much-needed peace of mind!
- Replace: Crumbled or almost-empty products are space wasters, so use this opportunity to replace them—not that you needed an excuse to hit up Sephora this weekend!
- Clean: Give your makeup compacts, bottles and brush handles a good wipe down with a simple solution of vinegar and water to cut through grime and oils. Do the same with the inside of your beauty bag (Tip: Look for makeup bags that have a vinyl interior for easy cleanup!).
- Donate: Free up the clutter and stick to items that you actually use. If you’ve bought something that you haven’t used in at least six months, then chances are good that you’re just not that into it. Donate those impulse purchases to a local women’s charity, or even pass them down to friends or family who will love them.
- Wash: When was the last time you washed your makeup brushes? We really should be doing this monthly, but your annual beauty bag clean up is a great time to get them refreshed. Don’t forget the eyelash curler! Our how-to tutorial will help you get them sanitized in no time.
- Organize: Handy acrylic bins are shallow enough to see everything at a glance and will compartmentalize your basics in a flash. Sort these by similar types and sizes so everything fits well.
- Handbags: We all have an assortment of products in our handbags that we probably don’t use, so sort through those 12 lip glosses and keep only what you really use!