We don’t mind admitting that we are absolutely luxuriating in all things spring right now. From stocking up on fresh flowers every time we step foot inside the grocery store to spontaneous walks around the neighborhood just to feel that warm sun on our skin, we can’t help but fall madly in love with the new season. To satisfy our springtime cravings at the dining room table, Caitlin put together a scrumptious platter of coconut waffles. Snag her adapted recipe below to serve at your next spring brunch event at home!
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Non-stick oil spray for waffle iron
- Syrup, butter and yogurt to top
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl while your waffle iron heats up.
- In a medium-sized bowl, use a hand blender to combine eggs, milk, yogurt, vanilla and melted coconut oil. Whisk in sugar.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, being careful not to overmix.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray and spoon in batter. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with butter, syrup and a dollop of coconut yogurt!