If you’ve been reading Glitter Guide for awhile, you know we love good drugstore beauty buys. This past month, Caitlin and Abby have discovered a bunch of fun products they’re loving, and today, they’re sharing them with you!
- Sonia Kashuk Satin Luxe Lip Color in Parisian Pink – I absolutely love this color and lipstick formula! It’s the perfect punchy pink that’s flattering on everyone and the formula is light and creamy, yet pigmented with a slightly shiny finish.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Concentrated Crayon – I’ve tried the color tattoo pots that Maybelline has had for awhile, and while I liked them, I never seemed to apply them just right on my lids. I picked up the crayons in Barely Beige and Bronze Truffle and am completely obsessed! They are easy to apply and so long lasting. I created a slight bronze smokey eye with these two shades with a quick blend of my finger and I was good to go. I’m definitely going back for more colors.
- Botanics Tinted Lip Balm – I love a pretty tinted lip balm, especially for spring and summer. Botanics tinted lip balms are nourishing and moisturizing, plus they are available in a wide range of shades. My favorite right now is Sheer Guava.
- Wet n Wild MegaGlo Contouring Palette – I’m not going to lie, I bought this palette just for the banana-looking highlight shade, as it’s not something I typically see in the drugstore. I love finishing off my cheekbones and under-eye area with this for a brightening effect.
- Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist – Unlike other setting sprays that feel like you are spraying chemicals on your face, this fixing mist is made with rose water and green tea and is both pore-tightening and hydrating. It’s definitely my new finishing spray for spring and summer.
- Pixi Nourishing Lip Polish – This product does double duty by gently exfoliating lips while dispensing a hydrating and moisturizing balm. Say goodbye to flakey, dry lips!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream – This lip cream comes in a wide range of colors and its creamy coverage lasts several hours. I love the Milan color.
- Pixi Glow Peel Pads – I splurged on these during my latest trip to Target, as they are a bit pricey for a drugstore buy, but I love them! You apply after you wash your face in the evening and wait two-to-three minutes before rinsing with cold water. They contain glycolic acid, which works as an exfoliant to clear skin leaving it soft and glowing. I haven’t broken out once since I started using these!
- L’Oréal Revitalift Volume Filler Eye Treatment – After lackluster results, I recently swore off eye creams, but then I tried this new product from L’Oréal! I only use it in the morning before I apply my under-eye concealer, and although I’m not yet sure of the long-term benefits, it definitely helps fill in my fine lines so my makeup doesn’t ”settle” into them making them more obvious.
- L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner – I recently started using this shampoo and conditioner, and to be honest, when switching from a high-end salon brand to a drugstore brand, I get a little weary, but my hair has never been more soft and smooth after blowdrying (with NO added products, which is how I always test a new shampoo!). I’ve also been able to go three-to-four days between washes with considerably less greasy hair than with the previous shampoo I was using.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.