Our contributing lifestyle editor, Erin Sousa, is back today to share her recipe for a chilled fresh watermelon salad. It’s the perfect precursor to the summer season to come!
It’s officially watermelon season, and I couldn’t be more excited. I love this juicy, fresh watermelon salad with a twist! Cute heart and star shapes make this salad fun and perfect for your summer picnics, entertaining and barbecues! With only four ingredients, this salad is sure to be your new summer go-to snack, and its savory sweet flavors will definitely keep you satisfied. Our tip? It’s best to make this salad the day of so that it looks fresh and crisp—say “no” to rounded soft edges! Details and recipe below.
- Watermelon, cut into small shapes using cookie cutters, or cubed
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Cilantro or basil leaves
- Balsamic crema
- Using cookie cutters in small shapes, cut out watermelon shapes—or just cube it up!
- Sprinkle the fruit with cilantro (if you’re not a fan of cilantro, reach for basil instead) and feta cheese.
- Just before serving, drizzle the salad with balsamic crema, a syrupy and tangy-sweet vinegar reduction.
- Serve cold—you’ll be hooked!
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌