Today on Glitter Guide, Knit Wit Magazine shares inspiration for a fabulous outdoor fête fit for summer, including a tutorial for all-natural DIY dyed napkins. Get all the craftable details below, and then order the magazine’s latest issue to soak up even more seasonal ideas!
What better way to kick off summer than with a dye-vat full of turmeric and a party with your buds and their babes?! We here at Knit Wit Magazine added a little something special to this get-together with a simple, but impactful, DIY napkin project using a homemade all-natural dye. Follow along and have fun at your own summer celebration!
All-Natural DIY Dyed Napkins
- Simple cotton or linen napkins
- Distilled white vinegar
- Stock pot
- Prep your fabric. Combine 4 cups of water and 1/4 cup of white vinegar in a stock pot. Bring it to a boil, add fabric, then let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove fabric and discard the solution. Combine 8 cups of water with 6 tablespoons of turmeric. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add your fabric back into the pot and let it simmer on very low heat for one hour.
- Drain, rinse well—and get ready for your party!
- Ceramics: Earth Sign Ceramics
- Tablecloth: Kari Fisher Designs
- Plates: Tortoise General Store
- Blankets: vintage
While you're here, why not check these out:
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.