We’re ready for summer vacations, beach days and late afternoons on our porches, which means more time to get deep into our summer reading list! Here are a few suggestions that we are sure you’ll enjoy this month.
1. Wreck and Order: A Novel, by Hannah Tennant-Moore: This honest debut novel shows a young woman’s search for answers and purpose in her life.
2. Sudden Death: A Novel, by Álvaro Enrigue: Every history buff will be intrigued with this story about clashing empires in the 16th century.
3. With Malice, by Eileen Cook: For those who like a suspenseful and riveting novel, this psychological thriller shares the story of a teenage girl who can’t remember the last six weeks of her life after an accident abroad.
4. Work Like Any Other: A Novel, by Virginia Reeves: This book follows the life of an electrician in 1920s rural Alabama who struggles to overcome his past sins and find peace after serving time in prison for manslaughter.
5. The Singles Game, by Lauren Weisberger: We’ve been fans of Lauren Weisberger since she wrote The Devil Wears Prada, and her new novel is the ultimate summer read about a star tennis player, and the complicated love story that unfolds.
6. Your Heart Is a Muscle the Size of a Fist, by Sunil Yapa: One of the most anticipated books of the year, this breathtaking debut novel is set amid the heated conflict of Seattle’s 1999 World Trade Organization (WTO) protests.
7. The Love & Lemons Cookbook: An Apple-to-Zucchini Celebration of Impromptu Cooking, by Jeanine Donofrio: As fans of Jeanine’s blog, we can’t wait to bring all her recipes into our kitchen with this stunning new cookbook.
8. The Mommy Group: Freaking Out, Finding Friends, and Surviving the Happiest Time of Our Lives, by Elizabeth Isadora Gold: A must for all moms, this parenting book shares the lessons these seven Brooklyn women have learned as new moms.