We love turning to our lifestyle contributor, Erin Sousa, for fun seasonal inspiration when it comes to our wardrobes and our beauty routines—and now she’s wowing us with her cocktail ideas, too! We can’t wait to try her latest recipe below.
I have a serious thing for watermelon during the summer season. I like it in my salad, at every picnic and straight outta the fridge any time of day. I’m stepping it up with something I plan to serve to guests all summer long: Frozen Watermelon Margaritas! This drink is so cooling and fun, plus I love topping it with a little surprise—a watermelon ice pop. Get the recipe below and try it for yourself!
Frozen Watermelon Margaritas
*Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon (easy hack: Grab the pre-cut version from places like Whole Foods)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus slices for garnish
- 6 ounces white tequila
- 3 ounces triple sec
- 1 cup ice
- Coarse salt, for rimming
- Store-bought watermelon ice pops
- Place cubed watermelon in the freezer until almost frozen.
- Place all ingredients (except for ice pops and salt) into the blender and blend until icy smooth.
- Rim your glasses with salt by running a lime wedge over the rim, and dipping the rim into salt.
- Top the margaritas with your ice pop and a lime wedge.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!
While you're here, why not check these out:
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.