It’s no secret that we are big fans of Whitney Lundeen, founder of the playful fashion brand for moms, Sonnet James. She has a radiant glow and contagious smile, and perfectly imperfect hair that makes us want to cut our bangs! Today, as part of this ongoing beauty series, she’s giving us the scoop on her morning and evening routines, including her favorite products, go-to late night snacks and what’s on her nightstand.
COFFEE OR TEA?
WHAT’S YOUR MORNING BEAUTY ROUTINE?
- Cleanser: mybody Clean Routine Probiotic Revitalizing Cleanser (I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin)
- Toner: Witch hazel from Whole Foods that I put it in a spray bottle
- Serum: SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic
- SPF: DermaQuest SheerZinc SPF 30
- Perfume: Beach by Bobbi Brown
- Lips: Dior Addict Lip Glow or Hourglass lipstick in “Fresco” for a more formal look
- Deodorant: Dove Cool Essentials
WHAT’S THE FIRST WEBSITE YOU LOOK AT IN THE MORNING?
The Wall Street Journal.
WHAT’S YOUR MORNING SOUNDTRACK?
As I drive my kids to school, I usually play 104.9, which is the classical station. It helps my anxiety.
WHAT’S FOR BREAKFAST?
I love either oatmeal with sautéed bananas with brown sugar and butter, or Cook’s Illustrated scrambled eggs with cheese on wheat toast or on an English muffin—only if I wake up early.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO GET READY IN THE MORNING?
WHAT’S YOUR NIGHTLY ROUTINE BEFORE BED?
Dishes, read to boys, a bath if it was a hard day and a book to read in bed from 9 to 10 p.m., then lights out. No phone, no computers or I’d binge watch shows until 2 a.m.
WHAT TV SHOWS, BOOKS, PODCASTS AND/OR MAGAZINES ARE YOU INTO?
- TV shows: On weekends I watch “Homeland,” “Law & Order: SVU” and “Seinfeld.”
- Books: I read for an hour before bed every weeknight. I’m currently reading Crossing to Safety, The Gifts of Imperfection, The Count of Monte Cristo, How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk and Mere Christianity.
- Podcasts: On my way to and from San Francisco each week I listen to Freakonomics, Women Of The Hour, Serial and Criminal.
WHAT’S YOUR EVENING BEAUTY ROUTINE?
- Cleanser: mybody Clean Routine Probiotic Revitalizing Cleanser
- Toner: Again, witch hazel from Whole Foods that I put it in a spray bottle
- Serum: SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Defense
- Moisturizer: Jan Marini Bioclear Cream
- Lips: Christian Dior Crème de Rose lip balm
- Davines Ol All in One Milk in my hair
- Blow dry my hair 80 percent, then sleep on it for texture. I don’t brush it so it has more texture. I always get a great haircut from Alisa at CODE salon in San Fransisco.
FAVORITE P.M. BEAUTY PRODUCTS?
I 100-percent swear by Jan Marini Bioclear Cream.
FAVORITE BEDTIME SNACK?
Any form of peanut butter and chocolate together. I love chocolate-covered pretzels from Trader Joe’s—the thins and the peanut butter-filled ones are the best.
WHAT’S THE LAST THING YOU DO BEFORE YOU FALL ASLEEP?