Our contributor, Kara Stout, never ceases to wow us with her inventive recipes, but today’s Watermelon Wine Cooler might just take the top prize. We think you’ll love her suggestion for a DIY edible cocktail topper—the how-to details are all below!
Summer calls for fun days spent with your girlfriends drinking fresh and fruity cocktails in the sun! Cocktails that are super easy to make with minimal, healthy ingredients is a major bonus. The Watermelon Wine Cooler includes only three ingredients—watermelon, wine and lemon, that’s it! You know how watermelon is made up of 92 percent water? That means this watermelon cooler will help keep you hydrated, which is so important, especially during the summer.
You can make this drink your own by choosing either white wine or rosé, whatever you prefer! You can also choose either a still wine or sparkling. What’s more, this mixture goes nicely with any option.
Also, to really make your besties feel special, you can create cute little name tags for them by cutting out their names using mini letter cookie cutters and sliding them onto a wooden skewer.
Watermelon Wine Cooler
*Makes one 34-ounce pitcher.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon
- ½ lemon
- Your favorite white wine or rosé
- Blend watermelon in high-powered blender.
- Using a juicer or handheld juicer, juice the lemon half.
- Add fresh lemon juice in with the watermelon and blend together.
- Pour watermelon and lemon mix into a pitcher either ¾ full or ½ full depending on how strong you want your cocktail.
- Then pour in wine to fill the rest of the pitcher and stir well.
- Chill for 20 to 30 minutes.
- While it’s chilling, you can make the watermelon name tags.
- When you’re ready to pour, stir well again, as it does separate.
- Pour into cocktail glasses and garnish with fresh mint leaves and fun watermelon name tags.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌