We love trying out the latest budget beauty buys as much as the next person. But, there is something about going back to those “old school” drugstore buys that makes us nostalgic. Here are five of Abby‘s all-time favorites. Let us know yours in the comments below!
- Neutrogena Lip Soother ($5.99) – This is such an easy summer drugstore lipgloss! It has SPF 20 and is super moisturizing. Wear it alone or over some tinted lip balm for a colorful sheen. My all-time favorite is Glaze, which gives a light pink gloss to the lips.
- Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights Face Illuminator (~ $12) – This product was discontinued for awhile, but I’m so glad it’s back again. I used to love this product because it gave me a luminous glow. Of course, there was some highlighting mishaps, as I’m sure we’ve all experienced. However, I still love it when mixed with a bit of foundation, on its own or to use on the arms and décolletage for a subtle glow.
- Sally Hansen Pat On The Black ($9.20) – I remember when Chanel introduced dark vampy nail colors and it was an instant trend. Of course, I couldn’t afford Chanel, but thankfully Sally Hansen released some dark colors, too. I’ve actually been through several bottles of Pat On The Black since it hit shelves years ago. While the formula and bottle may have changed, the color is still one of my favorites and my go-to dark nail polish.
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner ($9.99) – I was quite an eyeliner novice back in the day, and was super pleased when I had semi-mastered liquid liner. However, when gel eyeliner hit the high-end and drugstore shelves, I was intrigued. With the promise that this Maybelline gel eyeliner was long-lasting and easier to apply than it looked, I knew I had to pick it up. I ended up really loving it! It’s comparable to Bobbi Brown‘s gel eyeliner, but at a fraction of the price. I repurchased it a few times, but it fell off my radar because I am always trying new products. The last wedding I was in, I asked the makeup artist what eyeliner she was using. She said “Maybelline. It’s the best! I always use it on my clients.” Needless to say, I picked up another pot a few days later!
- CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara (~$7) – I think I was in high school when I became obsessed with making my lashes look fuller and longer. I was pretty insecure about my eyes because I thought they looked tiny compared to the rest of my face. That being said, finding a drugstore mascara was a bit intimidating, as there are so many to choose from. I still sometimes get overwhelmed when deciding to try a new mascara! I remember when LashBlast first came out. I saw ads on television and in Teen Vogue, and knew I had to try it. There just had to be something special in that orange tube that would give me my best lashes ever. Now, I can’t say that’s totally true these days (as there are a bunch now that I do love). But, when I want something that separates my lashes with a nice even coat and makes them look thicker, this is still my go-to.
While you're here, why not check these out:
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.