A new month means a brand new roundup of inspiration and must-have items from our founder! Taylor’s selections for August have our team reeling with new ideas for projects and pieces to add to our homes and wardrobes. Here’s hoping you find lots of creative motivation of your own from her favorite artists, websites, beauty products and more. All her picks are below!
- Beatrice Valenzuela Concha and Pearl Charm Bracelet ($250): Beatrice has a way of creating pieces you didn’t even know you wanted, but that you all of a sudden you need. We featured her shop last year—see it here.
- My personal Pinterest account: If you have been following my edits for some time now, you know that I have been a major Tumblr advocate for years. However, some recent work projects have made it apparent that I needed a personal Pinterest page, too. I can’t lie—I am loving it. I have always enjoyed it for Glitter Guide, but didn’t realize how much fun it would be to create my own. Expect a lot of Pins from me this month!
- Castle, ‘We Make The Magic Yeah Baby’ Banner ($560): I’ve been craving a Rachel Castle piece for years. She’s one of my absolute favorite artists. With August being countdown month for my baby boy to arrive, I think it’s time to invest in something special for him! Although this one-of-a-kind piece is sold out, there are so many fabulous options to choose from on her site.
- Sara Shabacon: Supporting fellow mamas who are trying to make it as business owners is one of my passions. Sara Shabacon is one seriously cool mama. She created the brand @IWearTheHeadress, sold exclusively at Free People. And recently, she launched her own online shop Bohème Goods, which features a collection of vintage and curated goods. Sara’s taste is incredible and I’m such a fan of everything she does. (photo by @bohemegoods)
- Tessa Perlow: This artist’s work has caught my eye with its whimsical and colorful details. (photo by @tessa_perlow)
- Embroidered flowers: These blooming embellishments are really having a moment right now—especially after the popularity of the Gucci fall 2016 show. (photo by Joshua Woods via Vogue)
- Mountain Ocean Skin Trip Moisturizer ($13): I’ve been slathering this on every day. It’s perfect for hot summer months when smelling like coconut is totally acceptable.
- Marysia, Kids Metallic Bikini ($151) and FWRD x Marysia Palm Springs Tie Maillot ($363): August is a pretty hot month here in the Bay Area of California. So, I plan to take advantage of the heat and hit the beach as much as I can before it’s gone. Marysia’s swim line is always one of my favs. I want to match my daughter, too—especially before she won’t allow me to anymore.
- Christy Dawn: I feel like there are so many amazing independent local designers who are seriously kicking butt right now. Christy Dawn is one of my favorites. She’s California-based and makes beautiful vintage-inspired pieces. They make you want to breeze around town with a straw bag and flowers in your hair. I have a few of her pieces now and I can’t wait to get more. She also just started making handbags, too. There goes my bank account! (photo by @jamestheodore)