This August, our reading list is filled with suspense, romance and long-awaited stories (hello, Harry Potter!). Read below to learn more about the nine novels we can’t wait to get lost in.
1. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts One & Two (Special Rehearsal Edition Script), by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany: For any Harry Potter fan, the latest release gives a new look at these beloved characters.
2. Nerve Movie Tie-In, by Jeanne Ryan: Now a movie starring Emma Roberts and Dave Franco, this suspense novel is filled with dares and drama.
3. Finding Rebecca, by Eoin Dempsey: If you’re a history buff who also loves a great love story, this World War II-based romance novel is the ideal read.
4. Truly Madly Guilty, by Liane Moriarty: One of the hottest reads of the summer, this award-winning book takes a deep look into three seemingly happy families.
5. A Man Called Ove: A Novel, by Fredrik Backman: This charming New York Times bestseller is guaranteed to make you feel good and look at how one life can impact so many others.
6. The Life We Bury, by Allen Eskens: When a college student named Joe takes on an assignment of writing about a dying veteran, he discovers more than he ever imagined.
7. I’m Glad About You, by Theresa Rebeck: For any romantic comedy buff, this story will have you laugh, cry and unable to stop turning the pages.
8. Tiny Little Thing, by Beatriz Williams: This page-turning novel set in Cape Cod during the summer of 1966, is filled with politics, old-school glamour and secrets.
9. Girl Through Glass: A Novel, by Sari Wilson: This novel, set in 1977, shares the cutthroat world of making it into the New York City Ballet.