We’re always in need of a girls’ getaway, and there’s no better time than the summer to do just that! Our New York City editor, Carly Hill, recently escaped the city to Martha’s Vineyard with Katie Manwaring of Katie’s Bliss, Kendall Kremer of Styled Snapshots and Sydney Carver of Summer Wind for a few days of relaxation, fun and exploring. Today, the girls are sharing the ultimate girls’ trip guide for your next stay on the island.
What to do:
- Explore the different towns: Martha’s Vineyard is composed of different towns, Edgartown and Oak Bluffs, that both offer scenic views, great restaurants and lots of charm. Whether you’re sightseeing at the gorgeous homes in Edgartown or enjoying beachside cocktails in Oak Bluffs, you’re guaranteed to fall in love.
- Stay at Summercamp: We were blown away by how adorable and convenient our hotel was. This boutique hotel is located right along the marina and downtown Oak Bluffs, making it easy to walk around town. After a long day of exploring, we were so happy to crash back in our chic and colorful rooms—we wanted to move in!
- Take a long drive around the water: After a long hot summer in the city, taking a drive in our Jeep with the roof down felt incredible! We loved soaking in the ocean breeze and sightseeing along the water.
- Visit the Gingerbread Cottages: The homes in Oak Bluffs are known as the Gingerbread Cottages because of their adorable bright colors and detailed designs. One of our favorite mornings was walking around with our coffee and seeing all the fun colorful homes.
Where to eat:
- Alchemy: This classic Edgartown restaurant is an island staple. Try the fried oysters and a blackberry bramble cocktail after watching the sunset.
- The Seafood Shanty: It’s not a trip to the island without lots and lots of lobster rolls! We had one (or two) every day. This waterfront restaurant was our favorite.
- Backdoor Donuts: If you’re an early riser, head here first to grab a box of these popular and delicious island donuts.
- Behind the Bookstore: Perfect for a morning coffee or an afternoon treat, we loved grabbing an iced mint latte from here to cool down and give us a boost of energy!
- Rosewater Market: This adorable market was the perfect place to grab a light breakfast or lunch. You can also find everything you need for a beachside picnic.
- The Scoop Shack: It’s not a vacation without ice cream and we may have stopped here multiple times during our stay!
- 20byNine: Girls’ trips should always involve indulgent cheese boards! We could not get over the amazing tapas and cocktails served here.
Where to shop:
- The Black Dog: An island signature, make sure to grab a sweatshirt or baseball cap to remember your trip.
- Vineyard Vines: You can’t go to the Vineyard without stopping by the original Vineyard Vines store!
- In The Pink: Another island classic, we couldn’t resist treating ourselves to a classic and colorful Lilly Pulitzer outfit.
- Vineyard Bath Co.: If you’re in need of a last-minute hostess gift or want to bring the beach home with you, these pretty homemade bath products and candles are the place to go.
- Island Company: Find preppy, summery clothes, accessories and gifts at this one-stop shop.
- Edgartown Books: A beach vacation means lots of reading. Head here to stock up in this charming bookstore in downtown Edgartown.