Below, Brynn Renné shows us how she styled an end-of-summer soirée that features three signature seasonal cocktail recipes from Alizée Castel. Read on for the entire toast-worthy shindig, including stunning calligraphy details handcrafted by Krisanna Elizabeth!
Although we’re admittedly nearing the end of the season, it is still summer time, which means that there are still lots of excuses for hosting festive gatherings with your loved ones. And, lucky for you, this often involves festive cocktails, too! Truly, is there anything better than a refreshing cocktail on a warm summer day? We think not. Now, just add a beautiful setting and you have yourself the perfect summer cocktail party! Would you like a little inspiration to throw your own party? Well, you’re invited to gather everything you need below.
We love gold, so started there and then mixed in the perfect contrast to gold: Nature! Gold paired with green is a winning combo every time.
When styling a party, it is key to go big in one or two areas, depending on your space and the size of your guest list. In a cocktail party setting, we like to think that the drinks serving area is the star of the show, so we went all out with our bar cart. We love gold, so started there and then mixed in the perfect contrast to gold: Nature! Gold paired with green is a winning combo every time.
One thing to keep in mind with a bar cart is that they don’t have a lot of space, so make sure to choose your elements wisely. Keep the design clean with just enough details to make it interesting. Then, you can expand the display with the setup that surrounds it.
Now, let’s get inspired by the outdoors. To create this fun backdrop, we foraged a few armfuls or so of leaves from our garden and from surrounding parks. Then, we simply attached them to the wall in clusters so that each created a larger leafy shape. Double-sided tape will do the trick on a flat surface for a temporary installation, or thumbtacks are another option that works great. Alternatively, you could try recreating this effect with cut-out craft paper leaves—you could even tape real leaves on top! Next, just add a few house plants and foraged fern branches to the shelves of your bar cart, and your setting is complete.
Let’s not forget the finishing details. We think that a little gold calligraphy written upon lush, green leaves is the perfect final detail for this party. We labeled the bottles and created the menu by doing just so.
Now for the drink menu. The good news is that we’ve taken all of the guesswork out of this by providing you with the perfect menu! Keeping with the vision of warm summer days and our love of nature, we’re sharing three beautiful, botanical cocktails below. Each drink marries the sweetness of our favorite summer fruits with the earthiness of fresh, fragrant herbs. Mix, sip and enjoy!
Strawberry Thyme Sparkler
*Makes one drink
- 2 ounces strawberry-thyme syrup
- Prosecco, to taste
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- Pour strawberry-thyme syrup into a Champagne coupe glass.
- Top with Prosecco.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme.
Pineapple Basil Martini
*Makes one drink
- 1.5 ounces pineapple-basil-infused vodka
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- A few fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 fresh basil leaf
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add pineapple-basil-infused vodka and pineapple juice.
- Toss in a few freshly torn basil leaves.
- Shake for a few seconds and strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a fresh basil leaf.
Melon Citrus Collins
*Makes one drink
- 1.5 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces rosemary-infused gin
- 1.5 ounces watermelon juice
- 1.5 ounces simple syrup
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Watermelon juice ice cubes, frozen ahead
- Rosemary ice cubes, frozen ahead
- Soda water
- Sprig of fresh rosemary
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and rosemary-infused gin.
- Pour grapefruit and watermelon juice into shaker.
- Add simple syrup and rosemary.
- Shake and strain into a highball glass filled with watermelon juice ice cubes and rosemary ice cubes.
- Top with soda water and garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary.
Take our advice with these refreshing beverages and you’re all but guaranteed to create a summer party that will wow your friends! We hope you’re inspired by summer’s undeniable magic and all of its seasonal offerings as much as we are. Cheers!
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.