I always feel conflicted when it comes to fashion and style in August and September. Largely because I get so excited seeing all the fun new fall stuff coming out, but then it’s still summer (especially in SoCal) and summer items are all on sale. Obviously, these aren’t real problems, but I tell you this to preface my August edit. This month, I wanted to feature pieces that can work for summer, but are easy to transition and style for fall. Also, I’m excited to share three luxe looks for less (aka under $50) in this list, too.
- Print Scarf ($22.90): Besides my love of the print on this scarf, I really like the mix of bright and dark colors. I can see myself styling this as more of a wrap over a sundress and wearing it with a cozy sweater or moto jacket come fall!
- Heathered Tie-Front Dress ($22.90): I don’t know if I’d wear this into fall, but this knit dress looks so easy and comfortable! Plus, the tie front is right on trend.
- Pleated Midi Skirt ($25.90): I’ve always been into pleats, but I’m looking forward to mixing some pleated skirts or dresses with some cute knits this fall season. I don’t have too much silver in my wardrobe, so this would be the perfect addition!
- Frilled Velvet Top ($29.90): I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of velvet this fall and winter, but my guess is that it won’t be cool enough to wear most of it until later this fall (or early winter here in Orange County). That being said, this frilly sleeveless top seems like the perfect compromise for those of us in warmer climates!
- Star Print Tie-Neck Shirt ($19.90): I’ve had a thing for star prints lately and this shirt is the perfect (and an affordable) piece to add to my closet.
- LUCY Snaffle Loafer ($48): I’ve been seeing the Gucci loafer everywhere lately, and while I actually really love it, I do not love the price of those shoes! These loafers from Topshop have a very similar look and are only $48!
- Ribbed Tunic ($34.99): I got a similar top in gray last year and absolutely love it. This cream one is a definite must-have for me.
- Striped Blouse ($49.90): A striped button-down blouse is such a classic and versatile piece, but I don’t currently have one my closet. I love this one from Zara (as if it isn’t obvious, I’m all about items from Zara right now)!
- Printed Bermuda Shorts ($39.90): Leopard shorts? Yes, please. I’d wear these through the fall and in the winter with some tights underneath.
- Pack of Jewel Pins ($15.90): I love having brooches on hand to help accessorize outfits. These pins are so cute—and so inexpensive.
- Contrast Mini City Bag ($39.90): I can’t believe this bag is only $40! I think it looks so luxe and chic. It’s the perfect little purse for fall.
- Mid-Heel Shoes with Contrasting Toe Cap ($39.90): If you’ve been eyeing the Chanel mid-heel slingback shoes lately, I’m with you. Unfortunately, they’re nowhere near my price range. While this pair from Zara aren’t slingback, they do have a similar look!
- Frayed Mid-Rise Jeans ($32.90): Denim is back in all kinds of ways right now, and I’m not ashamed to say that frayed jeans are at the top of my list right now. The pair I’ve been coveting are almost $300, but these jeans from Forever 21 are under $35. Score! You can also attempt to DIY this look. I did it to a pair of jeans with moderately successful results.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌