If you’re already familiar with Zoë With Love blogger, Zoë K. Namey, then chances are good that you’ve picked up on her talent for pairing beautifully bold colors and patterns, whether at home or in her wardrobe. And today, she’s putting that skill to good use in the kitchen, too!
Read on to get Zoe’s colorful and flavorful recipe for a Peach Lavender Wine Slushie that just might serve as the ideal finish to the summer season before we head into fall.
Sometimes, I really want to get creative in the kitchen, but don’t have a lot of time. So, making something fun and flavorful with seasonal ingredients that’s still easy is essential. This peach and lavender cocktail just so happens to combine some of my favorite things: White wine, fruit and flowers! Using produce, like these delicious peaches from a local farm, along with snipping a few sprigs of lavender from my own garden, made this refreshing cocktail a perfect fit for the end of summer.
Making your own lavender simple syrup is what takes this cocktail to the next level (and it leaves your house smelling amazing, too). If you don’t have a lavender plant, you can use dried lavender flower buds found in the herb section of your grocery store. This slushie is an adult take on a childhood classic that’s sure to please. The alcohol can easily be substituted with a juice of your choice for a virgin version of the drink. Get the recipe below!
Peach Lavender Wine Slushie
- Lavender simple syrup (3/4 cup cold water, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons fresh or dried lavender flowers)
- 2 fresh sliced peaches, frozen (or 2 cups store-bought frozen peaches)
- 2 cups white wine (a Sauvignon Blanc works well)
- 2 ounces lavender simple syrup
- To make the Lavender Simple Syrup, combine all three ingredients in a saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce heat and stir sugar until dissolved.
- Remove saucepan from heat and let it steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain liquid into a container to remove lavender flowers.
- Let cool, then store in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- For the Peach Lavender Wine Slushie, in a blender combine frozen peaches, wine and lavender simple syrup.
- Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Optional: Garnish with lavender flower stems and peach slices. Double the recipe (to serve 4) by using the entire bottle of wine, 4 cups frozen peaches and 4 ounces lavender simple syrup.