As we begin to say good-bye to summer, we’re looking forward to spending more time inside—especially curled up with a great book. This month, our list is filled with memoirs, DIY ideas and beautiful coffee table books to make easing into September a little more fun.
- I’m Supposed to Protect You from All This: A Memoir, by Nadja Spiegelman: This memoir about Nadja’s relationship with her mother, shows the shift of relationships as the story goes from Paris to New York and back again.
- You’ll Grow Out of It, by Jessi Klein: As the award-winning head writer of “Inside Amy Schumer,” Jessi shares hilarious and relatable stories in this New York Times best-selling book.
- Scandinavian Gatherings: From Afternoon Fika to Midsummer Feast: 70 Simple Recipes & Crafts for Everyday Celebrations, by Melissa Bahen: For the girl always looking for a new DIY to try or planning the perfect party, this book is chock-full of adorable and whimsical ideas to try.
- Print, Paint & Ink: Over 20 Modern Craft Projects For You And Your Home, by Andie Powers and Emily Grosse: Still in need of more easy and fun crafts? Spend a cozy Saturday trying these easy and fun projects.
- Living with Pattern: Color, Texture, and Print at Home, by Rebecca Atwood: We’re always on the search for a new coffee table-worthy book, and Rebecca’s book is packed with decorating tips. Plus, it has a beautiful cover!
- To the Bright Edge of the World: A Novel, by Eowyn Ivey: For the history buff, take a look back into the winter of 1885 with this story filled with love, adventure and survival.
- The Storyteller, by Jodi Picoult: Jodi Picoult’s books are always guaranteed to be a page-turner, so we’re looking forward to reading this story about forgiveness and redemption.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.