As we begin to say good-bye to summer, we’re looking forward to spending more time inside—especially curled up with a great book. This month, our list is filled with memoirs, DIY ideas and beautiful coffee table books to make easing into September a little more fun.
- I’m Supposed to Protect You from All This: A Memoir, by Nadja Spiegelman: This memoir about Nadja’s relationship with her mother, shows the shift of relationships as the story goes from Paris to New York and back again.
- You’ll Grow Out of It, by Jessi Klein: As the award-winning head writer of “Inside Amy Schumer,” Jessi shares hilarious and relatable stories in this New York Times best-selling book.
- Scandinavian Gatherings: From Afternoon Fika to Midsummer Feast: 70 Simple Recipes & Crafts for Everyday Celebrations, by Melissa Bahen: For the girl always looking for a new DIY to try or planning the perfect party, this book is chock-full of adorable and whimsical ideas to try.
- Print, Paint & Ink: Over 20 Modern Craft Projects For You And Your Home, by Andie Powers and Emily Grosse: Still in need of more easy and fun crafts? Spend a cozy Saturday trying these easy and fun projects.
- Living with Pattern: Color, Texture, and Print at Home, by Rebecca Atwood: We’re always on the search for a new coffee table-worthy book, and Rebecca’s book is packed with decorating tips. Plus, it has a beautiful cover!
- To the Bright Edge of the World: A Novel, by Eowyn Ivey: For the history buff, take a look back into the winter of 1885 with this story filled with love, adventure and survival.
- The Storyteller, by Jodi Picoult: Jodi Picoult’s books are always guaranteed to be a page-turner, so we’re looking forward to reading this story about forgiveness and redemption.