Are you feeling a little stumped when it comes to your go-to morning smoothie bowl? Looking for a way to jazz it up? Well, you’re in luck! Below, our contributor Kara Stout shares her Blush Berry Smoothie Bowl Recipe. It’s bound to add tons of flavor and color to your morning routine.
Smoothie bowls are all the rage right now, and for good reason! They are healthy, full of flavor and easy to make. If you’re wondering what a smoothie bowl actually is, it’s basically a smoothie poured into a bowl. Typically, you want your smoothie bowl to be a bit thicker than a regular smoothie, which is accomplished by adding in frozen fruit. Then you add your favorite toppings. I like to add fresh fruit as well as toppings that offer a bit of crunch like coconut flakes, nuts, seeds or granola.
I love a good pink smoothie bowl, too! The pretty pink color (not to mention the health benefits) is sure to get your day started on a happy note. To attain that beautiful blush color, simply toss in pink and red fruits. I used strawberries and raspberries in this recipe. I also included my new favorite superfood: pomegranate powder. It’s delicious and is the prettiest pastel pink! It’s a great source of vitamin C, antioxidants and potassium, too. You should be able to find it at a local health food store or online. You don’t necessarily have to include it if you prefer not to or if you can’t find it. Your smoothie bowl will still be pink, it’s just a beneficial addition if you’d like to add it.
Blush Berry Smoothie Bowl
*Makes one bowl
- 1 cup of your favorite milk (I prefer unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 heaping cup frozen strawberries
- 1 heaping cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate powder (optional, but amazing!)
- 1 tablespoon white chia seeds
- Pomegranate seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Dried culinary lavender
- Add milk, banana, frozen strawberries, frozen raspberries, pomegranate powder and chia seeds to high-powered blender and blend well.
- Because of the frozen strawberries and raspberries, you may need a tamper tool to help you blend a little easier.
- Pour into your favorite bowl and add your toppings.