After The Crafted Life blogger, Rachel Smith, decided to move from Portland, Oregon to Philadelphia last year, she was forced to leave the majority of her furniture and accessories behind on the West Coast in order to travel as lightly as possible. So, faced with the prospect of creating a home largely from scratch, Rachel took her time collecting the perfect pieces to mark the celebration of her brand new East Coast locale.
Since catching a glimpse of her living room makeover, we couldn’t help but crave a little revamp of the conversation areas in our own spaces, so we took a cue from the colorful creative and hunted through West Elm’s collections for new pieces of furniture, textiles and art to give new meaning to the term “living” room! Scroll on for a list of our top picks from the brand. Plus, get a peek inside Rachel’s stunning living room makeover.
10 West Elm Living Room Accents We Love
- Glass Cylinder Table Lamp ($199): A two-toned gold and glass beauty to add a healthy dose of sophistication to your TV cabinet or side table.
- Vitreluxe Glass Vases ($39–$69): Whether you fill your glass vase with fresh flowers or just leave it as is, the piece is sure to be a #shelfie show-stopper.
- Mid-Century Media Console ($999): This retro-inspired cabinet is a major upgrade from the IKEA piece you’ve been moving from apartment to apartment since college. Treat yourself!
- Atelier Stella Vases ($29.99): A ceramic smile that instantly lights up your living room.
- Marble-Topped Pedestal Coffee Table ($649): This round gold and marble coffee table is the focal point your conversation area has been lacking.
- Minted for West Elm – Zafrane ($99): This art piece is the perfect budget-friendly solution to a space in need of some refreshing color.
- Cozy Boucle Pillow Cover, in ‘Citrus Yellow’ ($34): Have you ever seen a happier pillow? We sure haven’t!
- Souk Wool Rug ($199–$1,099): This angular black and white rug will be a mainstay in your home for years and years to come.
- Peggy Mid-Century Terminal Chaise Sectional ($2,298–$2,698): When it’s time to invest in a new couch, go all out with a beautiful tufted number, like this one. The cool, mid-century-style silhouette and modern turned legs make it well worth your hard-earned cash.
- Beaded Multicolor Hexagon Pillow Cover ($49.99): A colorful and personality-packed exclamation point for your couch—it’s the perfect finishing touch!
Be sure to click through to The Crafted Life for Rachel’s tips on styling a living room, plus insight into setting up a new home all the way on the other side of the country!