Ever since James Dean rocked a leather jacket, they have been considered the epitome of cool. They project an uncaring confidence that gives off that, “I woke up like this!” vibe we are all striving for. Luckily, times have changed and even rebels with a cause can wear leather. Women, in particular, are embracing this leather jacket trend in many different styles.
Without breaking the bank, you, too, can rock this super-cool look this season. Here are our favorite styles as pulled together by Glitter Guide contributor, Kaleigh Glaza. The best news of all? None of them costs more than $200!
- BlankNYC Suede Moto Jacket: If you’re not quite a rocker chick yet, a suede version of the moto jacket is still soft on the outside, but has attitude.
- ASOS Ultimate Biker Jacket: They call this the “ultimate” for a reason! Well-cut, lined and made of real leather, this is a steal!
- BB Dakota Carmen Faux Leather Jacket: This style is equally cute worn zipped or left open to show off a great statement tee.
- Target Rib Trim Faux Leather Jacket: The trimming on this jacket dresses up the look, making it a great choice for a first date.
- Express Double Peplum (Minus the) Leather Jacket: The sleek cut, rich color and peplum details on the back make this a totally work-appropriate option.
- Topshop Nelly Faux Leather Biker Jacket: The little details bring all the magic to this style.
- Target Lasercut Faux Leather Jacket: If you want to hang on to summer a little longer, this is the jacket for you! White with laser cut-outs, it helps you show off your inner Cali-girl style.
- H&M Coated Biker Jacket: This version is perfect for the downtown chick who wants to look like the independent woman she is.
- Free People Squad Goals Vegan Leather Jacket: Move over Gigi and Kendall! Choose this jacket for a girls’ night out, and you’ll be the new definition of “squad goals.”
- ASOS River Island Waterfall Coat: This longer, fur-trimmed version will take you through fall and into those early winter days, too.
- Zara Faux Leather Jacket: No collar? No problem! This collarless option is very chic.
- Express (Minus the) Leather Navy Moto Jacket: For all those blue jean babies out there, this color looks great with your denim.
- Topshop Hooded Faux Leather Biker Jacket: A more casual choice for the biker chick in all of us.
- Blank Denim Genuine Suede Moto Jacket: The perfect, oh-so soft alternative to an army jacket.
- Shein Belted Moto Jacket: This style comes in a wide range of colors for under $50. If you’re nervous about trying the leather jacket trend, this is the perfect option to test the waters.